The Healthcare industry presents a juicy target for cyber criminals. From releasing viruses to cause damage, to performing high-volume DDoS attacks against healthcare companies' web services, to stealing medical records to sell on dark markets, hackers are hunting for healthcare providers everywhere.
Did you know? The Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals industry are some of the most vulnerable industries for cyber attacks.
Get A free quote
How we can help
Secmentis can help you proactively test your organization's security and defend your critical data through the following services:
What motivates cyber attacks?
- Information Theft — cyber criminals want to steal customer and business-critical information
- Espionage — cyber criminals want to monitor your activities and steal information
- Hacktivism — cyber criminals want to make a political statement
- Sabotage — cyber criminals want to blackmail or disrupt your business
- Cyber Warfare — cyber criminals want to steal your business secrets, and use your systems as stepping stones
Examples of cyberattacks
The following are examples of cyber attacks in your industry:
- Data breaches in healthcare totaled over 112 Million records, according to Forbes
- Massive US health insurer firm's hacking points to security vulnerability of healthcare industry
- Major healthcare services provider victim of network intrusion that results in breach of millions of financial and medical records
- Healthcare sector warned to be alert for hack attacks of networks and devices
- Hollywood medical center hack signals more ransomware attacks to come
Cost of A Data Breach for Health sector
$408 per capita, highest overall
Cost of A Data Breach for Pharmaceuticals sector
$174 per capita
(source: Ponemon Institute)
Businesses we work with: Hospitals, Care Facilities, Outpatient facilities, Medical device manufacturers, Medical service providers, General pharmaceuticals companies, Specialty pharmaceuticals companies