The banking industry has taken multiple blows from hackers throughout the years. As we look to the future, we see how adversaries and hacking attacks become increasigly sophisticated and stealthy.
With recent attacks against Swift, no longer do banks feel safe, despite their increased investments in security defense and detection capabilities.
Get A free quote
How we can help
Secmentis can help you proactively test your organization's security and defend your critical data through the following services:
What motivates cyber attacks?
- Information Theft — cyber criminals want to steal customer and business-critical information
- Espionage — cyber criminals want to monitor your activities and steal information
- Hacktivism — cyber criminals want to make a political statement
- Sabotage — cyber criminals want to blackmail or disrupt your business
- Cyber Warfare — cyber criminals want to steal your business secrets, and use your systems as stepping stones
Examples of cyberattacks
The following are examples of cyber attacks in your industry:
- Bangladesh Bank hackers compromised SWIFT software to steal $81 Million
- Ecuador bank hacked — $12 Million stolen
- Qatar National Bank hacked — gigabytes of database data leaked
- Hackers probe defenses of Middle East banks
- Hackers placed 'digital bomb' in NASDAQ
- Hackers Bring Down Saudi, UAE Stock Exchange Websites
- Hackers profited $100 Million by hacking newswires
Businesses we work with: Commercial Banks, Investment Banks, Private Banks, Brokerage companies, Securities companies, Trading platforms, Trading portals, Thrifts/Savings & Loan companies, Credit Card companies, Credit Unions